Monday, February 28, 2011

A NYC Driver's Pet Peeve: Traffic Cops and Parking Tickets!

I am almost positive that every automobile driver in New York City will agree with my assertion that the NYPD Traffic Enforcement Authority is more often than not, biased and hypocritical!

Due to a number of awful experiences with traffic cops who have given me several undeserved parking tickets, I have been forced to use my cell phone to take photos like the ones below, in order to ensure that I have evidence in case the department finds a way to fine me when I am in no way breaking the law! Both are pictures of my car at broken parking meters with the word FAIL clearly visible. It's quite sad that I feel so defensive in my own city and quite silly that I have had to resort to keeping "proof" on my phone. We taxpaying drivers need a break!



NYC Traffic Enforcement is a force that will probably never let up, but they're a pet peeve that I'll definitely never get used to.

1 comment:

  1. lol I love that you resorted to taking pictures of the meter! Thats hysterical! As a NY native, I understand how frustrating the parking situation can be so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete