Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Healthier Burger at Bare Burger

Finally, the time has come to write my first blog post about the quintessential American fast food fare... the modern hamburger.

Since there are way too many blogs, reviews, and even television programs out there aiming to find the best burger in America, I'm not going to even attempt to do that. I would simply like to share with you a fairly new boutique burger spot in Astoria, Queens.

Enter Bare Burger, a local spot that serves up a great-tasting burger with the bite but not the grease. Bare Burger offers a new twist on the traditional hamburger joint: all of their ingredients are organic and the space is environmentally friendly (it was built using sustainable, reclaimed, and recycled materials).

At Bare Burger, you can even "build your own burger" by choosing from their selection of "meat" and "bun" options. The meat options include beef, turkey, lamb, veggie, portabella mushroom, elk, bison, and ostrich, which can all be sandwiched by either a Brioche bun, 7-Grain bun, wheat flour wrap, or iceberg lettuce.

I scarfed down the "Big Blue Bacon Burger" (see below) topped with danish blue cheese, sauteed mushrooms, grilled onions, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, and peppercorn steak sauce.



"The Bare Burger Supreme"
colby jack, gourmet battered onion rings, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, chopped french fries, and bareburger special sauce


"Basket of Fresh Cut French Fries"
 with spicy chipotle mayo, curry ketchup, chipotle ketchup, and Bare Burger's special dipping sauce


The Last Bite: When it comes to burgers, the greasier and messier they are, the more I want to eat them. But I have to admit that I usually feel incredibly guilty and literally STUFFED after eating a big burger and fries. It feels like a hangover and no matter how silly it sounds, I really feel "drunk" off of food. I'm happy to say that those days are over. I've finally found a cure at Bare Burger: an insanely delicious meal without the bloated and lethargic side effects! Here's to burger rehab!

2 comments:

  1. This place sounds DELICIOUS! Definitely checking it out. I understand about feeling stuffed and a bit disgusting after eating a burger and any place that doesn't make you feel that way is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me so hungry! I love blue cheese on my burgers. I definitely want to check this place out.

    ReplyDelete